Monday, January 12, 2009

I've been spending a ton of time going through cabinets and closets tossing out the things that I don't need. I'm looking at some of this stuff thinking, "what was I thinking?!" I'm sure that most females think the same thing. After all, we are all about looking and feeling our best. So it makes sense that we would purchase things on a whim, wondering how they will work. However, once we realize that we are wasting time and money with things that we don't need, maybe we should STOP and focus on the things that work for us. Why keep on with a quest that has no point? So, here are my 5 favorite products that are tried and true for me:
1. Best skin care line for face: Obagi NuDerm Skin System. Hands down, without a doubt, the best product that I have ever put on my face! Actually several products within one line, the Obagi line does not just sit on top of your skin. It soaks in and forces cell turnover and collagen production. If you can stand your face being red and then peeling for a little while, you may like this line. The entire system costs around $500, but lasts for a very long time. And if you are a skin care junkie like I am, it ends up saving you money in the long run. The best part of it is...IT WORKS!
2. Best skin care product overall: Water. Plain and simple. Our bodies are made up of water. It makes sense that when you are devoid of water, your skin shrivels up. I can see the difference when I drink enough water as opposed to when I don't. I can tell when my clients are not drinking enough water just by looking at the texture of their skin. H2O...a simple solution! All of the moisturizer in the world won't help you if you are dehydrated.
3. Best makeup line: Ahhhh, this one is a TOUGH one for me, a makeup junkie. For color, application, choices and service, I love MAC cosmetics! There are a couple of other lines that I am a fan of, such as Stila, Smashbox and Bare Minerals... but this one is my default choice. When I need something, I head straight to the MAC counter!
4. Best exfoliant: Most of the products that I have tried have left my skin feeling dried out and damaged. I have fallen in love with Bath and Body Works Sugar Scrub. I use it once or twice a week. This stuff leaves my skin feeling fabulous!
5. Favorite Perfume: I have about 10 different kinds for different occasions. Issy Miachi is my favorite for formal occasions. For every day, my absolute favorite is Burberry (the original)...It just perfect! The scent does not overpower and I can't really smell it on me. But that's a hint to a good perfume: If you can smell it hours later on yourself, it is probably not working with your body chemistry.
What are some of your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment