Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Detox Diet

Those of you who know me know that I am not a fan of "diets" in the traditional sense of the word. I like to eat healthy, but also like to eat. Which means that I want the food to taste good! A bland diet is not my style. But every so often, I like to take a few days where I become very specific about what I eat. Its good for kicking things into gear and ridding the body of toxins that accumulate over time.

My detox choices make up a very short list. And a very short time frame, done for 3-5days. Egg whites and salsa for breakfast. Fish and vegetables for lunch and dinner. Fruit for snacks. Water, water and more water throughout the day. A few good cardio sessions, one full body weight training session and lots of pilates and yoga. I love pilates and yoga for the lengthening, stretching and calming effects..also for their detoxifying benefits brought through the breathing and control. It really helps the body's circulation and thus brings about a postive change to both your body and mind.

So, if you are up for a big challenge, try it for a few days! You will feel pure and might drop a few pounds as a result!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being so informative! I love it; you're so helpful! Keep up the great work Laurie!!

    ReplyDelete